EDUCATING ANISHNAABE: GIVING, LEARNING, and EMPOWERING (EAGLE)
EAGLE Executive Board
Kevin Leonard, PhD - EAGLE President
Citizen of the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians
Stephanie Chau - EAGLE Vice President
Citizen of the Little River Band of Ottawa Indians
- Increase the involvement of American Indians in all levels of the university community.
- Promote professional relationships between American Indian faculty, staff and administrators at MSU.
- Demand accountability from those involved in the formation of policies impacting American Indians in the MSU community.
- Develop effective channels of communication to bring about better understanding of the goals and objectives of diversity, equity and inclusion, and other articulated concerns as they relate to American Indians in the University community.
- Undertake a continuous plan to identify areas of needs in program development and the recruitment of American Indian students, faculty, administrators, and staff.
- Encourage the development of academic and professional excellence among American Indian students, faculty and staff.
- Enhance the educational experience of American Indian faculty, staff, and students on campus as well as the community at large.